Last updated August 31, 2023
This privacy notice for Mud Bike (referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our“) outlines how and why we may collect, store, use, and/or share (“process“) your data as you utilize our website (“Website“). This encompasses situations when you:
- Navigate to our website through https://www.mudbike.com/.
- Interact with us through other associated means.
Should you have any queries or uncertainties, perusing this privacy notice will provide you with insights into your privacy rights and the choices available to you. If you don’t see eye to eye with our policies and approaches, we kindly request that you refrain from using our Website. If there are still lingering questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected].
Summary Of Key Points
This summary offers key takeaways from our privacy notice, but for more detailed information on any of these topics, you can click the provided link after each key point or refer to our table of contents below to locate the relevant section.
What kind of personal information do we handle? When you interact with our website through visits, usage, or navigation, the personal information we process depends on your interactions, choices, and use of features and services.
Do we handle sensitive personal information? No, we do not handle sensitive personal information.
Do we obtain any data from external sources? We do not obtain any data from third-party sources.
How do we manage your information? We process your information for purposes such as enhancing and managing our Website, communicating with you, ensuring security and preventing fraud, and adhering to legal requirements. With your consent, we might also process your information for other purposes. Our processing activities are strictly grounded in valid legal justifications.
Under what circumstances and with whom do we share your personal information? We may share information with specific third parties under specific situations.
What are your rights? Your geographic location may grant you specific rights concerning your personal information based on relevant privacy laws.
How can you exercise your rights? The simplest way to exercise your rights is by getting in touch with us directly at [email protected]. We will diligently consider and address any requests in accordance with applicable data protection regulations.
Curious about the finer details of how we utilize collected information? Take a comprehensive look at our complete privacy notice for more insights.
What Information Do We Collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We gather the personal information you provide willingly.
This occurs when you show interest in learning about us or our Website, engage in website activities, or reach out to us in any way.
Sensitive Information. We refrain from processing sensitive information.
It’s important that the personal information you supply is accurate and complete, and you should promptly inform us of any changes.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Certain details—like your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser, and device characteristics—are automatically gathered when you browse our Website.
When you use or navigate our Website, we automatically gather specific information. While this information doesn’t disclose your precise identity (such as your name or contact details), it encompasses data about your device and usage. This includes your IP address, browser and device attributes, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, location, country, details about how and when you use our Website, and other technical specifics. We primarily require this data to ensure the security and functionality of our Website, as well as for internal analysis and reporting purposes.
Much like other businesses, we utilize cookies and similar technologies for data collection, as explained in our Cookies Policy.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data: These are details tied to service, diagnostics, usage, and performance. Our servers automatically amass this data when you access or utilize our Website, which we then record in log files. Depending on your interactions, this log data could comprise your IP address, device information, browser configuration, and details about your website activity (like timestamps related to your usage, viewed pages and files, searches, and your engagement with features). It might also involve device event information (such as system operations, error reports, and hardware settings).
- Device Data: Information about the device you use—whether it’s a computer, phone, tablet, or another device to access our Website—is also collected. Depending on your device, this data might encompass your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identifiers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider or mobile carrier details, operating system, and system configuration information.
How Do We Process Your Information?
In Short: We handle your information for several purposes to enhance and manage our Website. This includes communication with you, ensuring security, preventing fraud, and adhering to legal requirements. We might also process your data for additional reasons with your explicit consent.
We process your personal data for various purposes, depending on your interactions with our Website:
- Gathering Feedback: We process your data as needed to solicit feedback and get in touch with you regarding your usage of our Website.
- Marketing Communications: If aligned with your marketing preferences, we may use the personal information you provide to send you marketing and promotional materials. You retain the option to unsubscribe from these emails whenever you wish.
- Tailored Advertising: We might process your information to design and display customized content and advertisements that match your interests, location, and more. Further details can be found in our Cookies Policy.
- Safeguarding Our Website: Your data may be processed as part of our initiatives to maintain the safety and security of our Website. This includes activities like fraud detection and prevention.
- Analyzing Usage Patterns: We may process information about how you use our Website to gain a deeper understanding of their usage, allowing us to make improvements.
- Assessing Marketing Effectiveness: Your data might be processed to better comprehend how to offer marketing and promotional campaigns that are highly relevant to you.
- Preserving Individual Welfare: In situations where it is necessary to protect someone’s vital interests, like preventing harm, we may process your data accordingly.
What Legal Bases Do We Rely On To Process Your Information?
In Short: We only handle your personal information when we deem it necessary and have a valid legal basis to do so under applicable law. This may include obtaining your consent, adhering to legal requirements, providing services, fulfilling contractual obligations, safeguarding your rights, or pursuing our legitimate business interests.
If you’re located in the EU or UK, the following section is relevant to you.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR necessitate us to clarify the legitimate legal grounds on which we rely to process your personal data. We may utilize the subsequent legal bases for processing your personal information:
- Consent: We might process your data if you have granted us explicit permission to use it for a specific purpose. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when we reasonably believe it is necessary to serve our legitimate business interests, provided these interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms. For instance, this may involve:
- Sending users information about special offers and discounts on our Website.
- Creating and displaying personalized and relevant advertising content.
- Analyzing website usage for improvements and user engagement.
- Supporting our marketing efforts.
- Detecting and preventing fraud.
- Understanding how users interact with our Website to enhance their experience.
- Legal Obligations: We may process your data when required to comply with our legal obligations. This includes cooperating with law enforcement or regulatory agencies, defending our legal rights, or using your information as evidence in litigation.
- Vital Interests: Your information may be processed when it is deemed necessary to protect your vital interests or those of a third party, particularly in situations involving potential threats to someone’s safety.
If you are located in Canada, the following section pertains to you.
We may process your data if you have provided explicit permission (express consent) for a specific purpose or when implied consent can be reasonably inferred. You retain the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
In exceptional cases, we may be legally allowed under applicable law to process your information without your consent. These instances include:
- When data collection is clearly in an individual’s best interests and consent cannot be obtained promptly.
- For purposes of investigations, fraud detection, and prevention.
- In the context of certain business transactions that meet specific conditions.
- When contained in a witness statement, and collection is necessary for assessing, processing, or settling an insurance claim.
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with their next of kin.
- When there are reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be a victim of financial abuse.
- When collecting and using information with consent would compromise its availability or accuracy and collection is reasonable for investigating an agreement breach or a violation of Canadian laws.
- When disclosure is required by a subpoena, warrant, court order, or court rules related to record production.
- When information is produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession, and collection aligns with the information’s original purpose.
- When collection serves solely journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes.
- When the information is publicly available and specified by regulations.
When And With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
In Short: We might disclose information as outlined in this section and/or to the subsequent third parties.
We could find it necessary to reveal your personal information under the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers: Your information might be shared or transferred in connection with, or during discussions regarding, a merger, the sale of company assets, financial transactions, or the acquisition of all or a part of our business by another company.
- Usage of Google Maps Platform APIs: In situations where we utilize Google Maps Platform APIs, such as Google Maps API and Places API, we may share your details with these specific services.
- Affiliates: We might also share your information with our affiliates. In such cases, we will ensure that our affiliates uphold the standards outlined in this privacy notice. Our affiliates encompass our parent company, any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other entities that we control or that share common control with us.
What Is Our Stance On Third-Party Websites?
In Short: We want to clarify that we are not accountable for the security of any information you share with third parties. These could be entities we link to or those who advertise on our Website but are not associated with it.
Our Website might have links to third-party websites, online services, or mobile applications, and could feature ads from unaffiliated third parties. These ads might also lead to other websites, services, or applications. Please note that we cannot assure the reliability of these third parties, and we cannot be held responsible for any harm or loss resulting from the use of such third-party websites, services, or applications. The presence of a link to a third-party website, service, or application does not imply our endorsement.
We are unable to guarantee the security and confidentiality of any data you provide to these third parties. Any information collected by them is not covered by our privacy notice. The content, privacy practices, and security policies of these third parties, including other websites, services, or applications linked from or to our Website, are beyond our control. It is advisable to review the policies of these third parties and reach out to them directly for any inquiries you may have.
In Short: We have the potential to utilize cookies and comparable tracking methods, such as web beacons and pixels, to gather and retain your data.
Detailed insights into the application of these technologies and the option to decline specific cookies can be found in our Cookies Policy.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
In Short: We retain your information for the duration required to achieve the objectives specified in this privacy notice unless legal obligations dictate otherwise.
Your personal data will be retained only as long as necessary for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice, unless the law mandates or permits a longer retention period, such as for taxation, accounting, or other legal necessities.
Once the legitimate business reasons for processing your personal data have ceased, we will take steps to either delete or anonymize the information. If this is not immediately feasible, such as in the case of data stored in backup archives, we will securely store your personal data, keeping it isolated from further processing until deletion becomes possible.
Do We Collect Information From Minors?
In Short: We refrain from intentionally gathering information or promoting our services to individuals under the age of 18.
We abstain from actively seeking information or advertising our offerings to individuals under 18 years old. By utilizing the Website, you affirm that you are either 18 years or older, or you are the legal guardian of a minor under 18, and you provide consent for the minor to use the Website. Should we discover that we have collected personal information from users under 18, we will disable the account and take appropriate actions to promptly remove such data from our records. If you happen to know of any data we might have obtained from individuals under 18, please get in touch with us at [email protected].
What Are Your Privacy Rights?
In Short: In specific areas like the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom (UK), and Canada, you possess certain entitlements that grant you more comprehensive control over your personal data. You retain the ability to review, modify, or deactivate your account whenever you wish.
In regions such as the EEA, UK, and Canada, you are endowed with specific privileges under relevant data protection regulations. These encompass the right to (i) request access to and secure a copy of your personal data, (ii) request corrections or removal, (iii) limit the processing of your personal data, and (iv) when relevant, avail data portability. Under certain conditions, you may also possess the right to object to the handling of your personal data. To make such requests, you can contact us at [email protected].
We pledge to assess and execute any request in compliance with the pertinent data protection statutes.
If you are situated in the EEA or UK and you suspect that we are illicitly processing your personal data, you retain the right to register a complaint with your Member State data protection authority or UK data protection authority.
For those in Switzerland, you have the option to reach out to the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
Retracting your consent: Should we be reliant on your consent to process your personal data, which might be explicit or implied consent depending on applicable laws, you possess the right to revoke your consent at any time. To do so, simply contact us at [email protected].
However, it’s essential to note that withdrawing consent will not impact the legality of processing carried out before the withdrawal. Likewise, where permissible by law, it won’t affect the processing of your personal data performed based on legitimate processing grounds other than consent.
Cookies and similar technologies: The majority of web browsers are configured to accept cookies as the default setting. If you prefer, you usually have the option to configure your browser to delete or decline cookies. Bear in mind that this choice could potentially influence specific features or services on our Website. You can also choose to opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Website. For more details, please refer to our Cookies Policy.
If you have inquiries or remarks concerning your privacy rights, don’t hesitate to reach out to us via email at [email protected].
Controls For Do-Not-Track Features
Many web browsers, as well as certain mobile operating systems and mobile apps, come with a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature. This feature allows you to activate a setting that indicates your preference for privacy. It signals that you do not want your online browsing activities to be monitored and gathered. However, it’s important to note that there is currently no consistent technology standard in place for recognizing and implementing these DNT signals. Consequently, we do not presently act upon DNT signals from browsers or any other automated methods that convey your choice to avoid online tracking. Should a standard for online tracking be established and become applicable to us in the future, we will update this privacy notice to let you know about our approach in that regard.
Do California Residents Have Specific Privacy Rights?
In Short: If you’re a California resident, you have specific rights concerning access to your personal information.
Under the California Civil Code Section 1798.83, commonly known as the “Shine The Light” law, residents of California who use our services can request, free of charge, information about the types of personal information we share with third parties for direct marketing purposes in the previous year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. If you’re a California resident and wish to make such a request, kindly send your written request to the contact details provided below.
If you’re under 18, live in California, and have a registered account on our Website, you’re entitled to ask for the removal of any unwanted data that you’ve publicly posted on the site. To initiate the removal of such data, please get in touch with us using the contact information provided below. Include your account’s associated email address and confirm that you’re a California resident. While we’ll ensure the data isn’t publicly visible on the website, please note that it might not be entirely eliminated from all our systems (such as backups, etc.).
Privacy Notice under CCPA:
According to the California Code of Regulations, a “resident” is:
- Anyone who’s in the State of California for reasons other than temporary or transitory purposes.
- Anyone who’s based in the State of California but is temporarily outside it for a temporary or transitory purpose.
All other individuals fall under the “non-resident” category.
If you fit the definition of a “resident,” specific rights and obligations related to your personal information apply to us.
Types of personal information we gather:
Over the past twelve months, we’ve collected personal information falling under the following categories:
|A. Identifiers||Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California CustomerRecords statute||Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Gender and date of birth||NO|
|D. Commercial information||Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information||NO|
|E. Biometric information||Fingerprints and voiceprints||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems, and advertisements||NO|
|G. Geolocation data||Device location||NO|
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Business contact details in order to provide you with our services at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us||NO|
|J. Education Information||Student records and directory information||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics||NO|
|L. Sensitive Personal Information||NO|
We’ll use and retain the collected personal information as required for providing our services or for:
- Category A – 1 year
- Category B – 1 year
Additionally, we might gather other personal information beyond these categories through interactions such as:
- Seeking assistance via customer support
- Participating in customer surveys or contests
- Facilitating service delivery and addressing your queries through in-person, online, phone, or mail interactions.
How is your personal information utilized and shared?
For more details about how we collect and share data, please refer to our privacy notice and Cookies Policy.
If you need to get in touch, you can reach us via email at [email protected].
If you’re utilizing an authorized agent to exercise your opt-out right, we may decline the request without proof of valid authorization to act on your behalf.
Will your information be disclosed to others?
We might reveal your personal data to our service providers under written contracts. These providers, which are for-profit entities, handle information on our behalf and are bound by stringent privacy protection obligations as mandated by the CCPA.
We may also utilize your personal data for our internal business needs, such as research for technological development and demonstration. This doesn’t constitute the “selling” of your personal information.
In the past twelve months, we haven’t disclosed, sold, or shared any personal data for business or commercial purposes. Moving forward, we won’t sell or share personal information belonging to our Website visitors, users, or other consumers.
Your rights concerning your personal data
Right to request data deletion — Deletion request
You can ask for the removal of your personal information. We will honor your request, except for legal exceptions like protecting against illegal activities or complying with obligations.
Right to be informed — Information request
Depending on the situation, you have the right to know:
- If we gather and use your personal data.
- The categories of collected personal data.
- The reasons behind collecting personal data.
- Whether we sell or share personal data with third parties.
- Categories of personal data sold, shared, or disclosed for business purposes.
- The business purpose behind collecting, selling, or sharing personal data.
- Specific pieces of personal data collected about you.
- As per the law, we aren’t obliged to provide or delete de-identified consumer data or re-identify individual data to verify a request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for Privacy Rights
We won’t discriminate against you for exercising privacy rights.
Right to Restrict Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
We don’t process the sensitive personal information of consumers.
Upon receiving your request, we’ll verify your identity to match it with our records. This might involve providing information or using previously provided contact methods. We’ll use the provided data only for verification and delete it afterward.
Other privacy rights
- You can object to personal data processing.
- Request correction of incorrect or outdated data or ask for processing restrictions.
- You can appoint an authorized agent to act under CCPA on your behalf, but valid authorization proof is required.
- You can opt out of future selling or sharing of personal data with third parties. We’ll act on this within fifteen (15) days of receiving the request.
To exercise these rights or express concerns, reach us via email at [email protected]. If you have a complaint about our data handling, please let us know.
Do Virginia Residents Have Specific Privacy Rights?
In Short: If you’re a Virginia resident, you’re entitled to specific rights concerning the access to and usage of your personal information.
Virginia CDPA Privacy Notice
According to the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (CDPA):
The term “Consumer” refers to a natural person who resides in the Commonwealth and acts in an individual or household capacity, excluding those acting in a commercial or employment context.
“Personal data” encompasses any information that can be directly linked to an identified or identifiable individual. It does not cover de-identified data or publicly available information.
“Sale of personal data” involves the exchange of personal data for monetary value.
If this definition of a “consumer” pertains to you, certain rights and responsibilities regarding your personal data must be upheld.
The data we gather, employ, and reveal about you will differ based on your interactions with us and our Website.
Your entitlements regarding your personal data
- The right to be informed whether we process your personal data or not.
- The right to access your personal data.
- The right to rectify inaccuracies in your personal data.
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data.
- The right to receive a copy of the personal data you previously shared with us.
- The right to opt out of the processing of your personal data if it’s utilized for targeted advertising, the sale of personal data, or profiling that leads to significant legal effects (“profiling”).
We haven’t sold any personal data to third parties for business purposes. We won’t sell personal data belonging to website visitors, users, or other consumers in the future.
Exercise your rights under the Virginia CDPA
Further details about our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice and our Cookies Policy.
You can reach us via email at [email protected].
If you’re using an authorized agent to exercise your rights, we might decline requests if the agent can’t prove valid authorization to act on your behalf.
We might request additional information to reasonably verify you and your request as a consumer. If your request is submitted through an authorized agent, we might need more details to confirm your identity before processing the request.
Upon receiving your request, we’ll respond promptly, but always within forty-five (45) days from receipt. This response time could be extended by an additional forty-five (45) days when necessary, and you’ll be informed of such an extension along with the reason.
Right to lodge an appeal
If we reject your request, we’ll communicate our decision and rationale. If you want to contest our decision, please email us at [email protected]. Within sixty (60) days of receiving an appeal, we’ll provide written information about the actions taken or not taken, along with an explanation. If your appeal is denied, you can contact the Attorney General to file a complaint.
Do We Make Updates To This Notice?
In Short: Yes, we will ensure the continuous compliance of this notice with applicable laws by making necessary updates.
We reserve the right to periodically revise this privacy notice. The revised version will be identified by a new “Revised” date and will take effect as soon as it becomes accessible. In cases where substantial changes are made to this notice, we might inform you by prominently displaying the changes or by directly notifying you. We recommend that you regularly review this privacy notice to stay informed about how we safeguard your information.
How Can You Contact Us About This Notice?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at [email protected].
How Can You Review, Update, Or Delete The Data We Collect From You?
According to the relevant laws in your country, you might have the option to ask for access to the personal data we gather from you, modify that information, or have it removed. If you wish to request a review, make updates, or have your personal information deleted, you can get in touch with us via email at [email protected].